Don Thoren, CPAE, CMCMember
1420 E. Whalers Way
Tempe, AZ 85283-5503
- Coaches and mentors organizations, high-pressure teams, and key individuals
- Innovation: converts naturally occurring conflict into creative new “3rd Ideas”
- Skills Focus: Joint Productivity; Tactical planning; Speaking skills; People skills
●●●Speaker Hall of Fame ●●● 30 years experience: Manufacturing at GE, Field Sales, Entrepreneur
●●● Certified Management Consultant by IMC ●●● Class of 2006 Legends of the Speaking Profession
●●● Executive and Political Speech Coach
AREAS OF CAPABILITY:
Typical Client concerns are:
• When our smart people disagree, does the distress waste time and money or energize a collaborative search for new ideas?
• When results from the presentations made by our key leaders or marketers is lacking, would speech/presentation coaching help?
• Could sales improve if we provided our technically savvy sales and support people some targeted sales and negotiation training?
• Are our team or project results jeopardized by key technical contributor(s) who lack interpersonal skills?
• How skilled are our leaders in using effective tactical planning and performance management methods to improve results.
Thoren Group Mission is based on research verifying that 34% of the time old ideas get locked in, or new ideas get locked out during people’s discussions and meetings,. The current focus of my efforts is to accelerate people’s ability to discover the good things that can happen when their beliefs and skills allow their ideas to compete. The Thoren Group motto is, “Let Ideas Compete—Not Peoplesm.” One of teamwork’s biggest benefits and its greatest source of satisfaction comes from creating new ideas. This innovative potential is realized when competing ideas collide skillfully and the collision gives birth to new and better “Third Ideas.” The “Third Ideas” I help people discover are not a compromise reached by giving in or giving up something valuable; they are better than the original ideas!
RESPONDING TO THESE TYPICAL CLIENT CONCERNS MIGHT INCLUDE:
consulting needs analysis and recommendations, special occasion speeches, team/group seminars, one-on-one mentoring, personal assessment and coaching, re-organization planning, talent assessment, succession planning, etc.
TOPICS FOR RESPONDING TO THE ABOVE NEEDS CAN INCLUDE TRAINING OR COACHING IN:
effective speech/formal presentation, the leader as a coach, conflict resolution, executive speech coaching, sales growth, creativity, teamwork, innovative collaboration, tactical planning, performance evaluation, etc.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL CLIENT
Optimistic about future growth and motivated to prepare people and organization processes to capture the opportunity. If not growing, has a self/company image of being progressive and leading edge. Technically oriented sales force not performing to expectations. Product development cycle is too long and chaotic. It is time to alter our organizational culture and we need a strategy.
Areas of Expertise:
Large Systems Change
Organizational Development Interventions
dthoren - Updated: July 10, 2014