NSA-Arizona Program Saturday, March 12, 2022
THIS MEETING WILL BE BOTH VIRTUAL AND IN PERSON.
|8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
|9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
|| Program Meeting
|12:15 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
|| Professional Opportunity
Please note: Coffee and tea will be provided.
Strategic Storytelling: Taking you to that magical place where the art of story meets the business of persuasion. Laughing the whole way.
with Kelly Swanson
Award-Winning Storyteller, Funny Motivational Speaker, Strategic Storytelling Expert. Frazzled wife and mom, Kelly is still trying to convince her family that chocolate is a food group.
You will learn:
- The Story Formula: Craft a persuasive story that doesn’t just entertain, but actually persuades. In addition to the story formula, you will learn tips on how to find, craft, and tell the stories that matter to your brand.
- The Story Driven Pitch: Elevate your speech from a series of fact-based talking points into a story-driven pitch that actually persuades your audience to take action.
- Farming Your Life for Stories: Learn the process of finding stories, and how to craft them in a way that has the highest impact and strategic result. Walk away with many new story ideas and a fast way to see if they fit your brand, topic, and talking points.
- Finding the Wow Factor for Your Presentation: Identify the smallest things that take your speech from great to amazing!
Kelly Swanson is an award-winning storyteller, comedian, motivational speaker, Huffington Post Contributor, and cast member of The Fashion Hero television show airing on Amazon Prime. She is also author of Who Hijacked My Fairy Tale, The Land of If Only, The Story Formula, and The Gutsy Girls Pocket Guide to Public Speaking. She was a featured entertainer for Holland America Cruise Lines, keynote speaker for the International Toastmasters Convention, and has keynoted major conferences and corporate events from coast to coast.
Kelly’s wacky wit and powerful stories have charmed hearts and tickled funny bones for over 15 years. In addition to her role as a funny motivational speaker, Kelly teaches people how she does it by sharing what she has learned about connecting and engaging to have more influence in business, through the use of one tool – strategic storytelling. Sharing her own powerful journey through story and the formula she discovered, you come to that magical place where the art of story meets the business of persuasion. Click here for more about Kelly.
Thank you to Jeff and his team at Bespoke Presentations for making all of the technology work behind the scenes so the Chapter can offer a hybrid option!
Immediately following the monthly program...
Candidate Platform: Learn the Business Side of the Speaking Business | 12:15 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Speaker: John "FBI John" Iannarelli, ESQ, CSP®
Topic: Know How to Run Your Speaking Business Like a Business
- Learn how to find clients who will hire you to speak
- Write a contract the protects your interests and ensures you get paid
- Develop a “Speakers Package” to deliver everything your client need
Members and Candidates welcome! You MUST be registered for the monthly program to attend Getting Your Voice Heard or Professional Opportunity. Offered in-person only.
An inherent risk of exposure to Covid-19 and its variants exists in any public place where people are present. Covid-19 is an extremely dangerous disease that can lead to severe illness and death. While people of all ages and health conditions have been adversely affected by Covid-19, certain people have been identified by public health authorities as having greater risk based on age and/or underlying medical conditions. No precautions can completely eliminate the risk of exposure to Covid-19. Attendees of NSA Arizona events voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to Covid-19 and its variants, and are advised to undertake precautions deemed necessary, to include those recommended by the CDC and the State of Arizona.
By registering for this event, you are giving permission for NSA-Arizona to add your contact information to our email list and to use any photographs (screenshots) that are taken at the event containing your likeness for as long as NSA-Arizona deems appropriate and desirable.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds.
Members, did you know your spouse/business partner/staff member can be registered at the member rate? Please notify us if you have any special needs for the meeting.