NSA Storytelling Competition
The NSA Storytelling Competition is intended to raise awareness and heighten the importance and power of storytelling for professional speakers. The competition includes three levels of competition: Chapter, Regional, and National. Below is the process, eligibility rules, and FAQs applicable to the NSA Arizona competition.
- Participants submit a story-telling video, no longer than 5 minutes in length, by February 1, 2024.
- Videos can be submitted to email@example.com via WeTransfer, a free file transfer service: https://wetransfer.com/
- Video entries will be reviewed by the NSA AZ Board of Directors and ten finalists will be chosen.
- The top ten videos will be reviewed by a three-judge panel, chosen by the NSA AZ Board of Directors.
- Submissions are judged on the following three categories: Marketability, Impact, and Presentation (Judges-Guide.pdf (nsaspeaker.org)
- One winner will be chosen by the judges to represent the NSA AZ chapter at the regional competition.
- $50 Entry Fee
- Must have active membership in the NSA Arizona chapter at the time of video submission.
- Stories must be no longer than 5 minutes in length.
- CPAEs are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- You must be a member of the NSAAZ Chapter to participate.
Once I submit my story, can I change it if I reach the regional or national competition?
A participant cannot change their primary storyline. The general story can be enhanced based on feedback/coaching received during mentor sessions, but the story at large must remain the same.
Can I use slides or props in my video submission?
No. Any use of slides or props will automatically disqualify participants.
Can my story be a little over 5 minutes long?
No. 5 minutes is a strict cutoff. Any stories that go over 5 minutes will be disqualified.
Why is our chapter charging a $50 entry fee?
The winner of the NSA Arizona storytelling competition must submit a $500 entry fee to enter the NSA regional competition. The NSA AZ chapter will use the $50 entry fees to cover the $500 regional entry fee for our winner.
Are all NSA chapters operating their competitions the same way?
No. Every chapter is given discretion by NSA to operate their competition differently. NSA AZ members should follow the process and rules applicable to the NSA AZ chapter.
Who can I contact with questions?
Matt Silverman, NSA AZ Board Member: firstname.lastname@example.org or (847) 946-6500.
By registering for this event, you are giving permission for NSA-Arizona to add your contact information to our email list and to use any photographs that are taken at the event containing your likeness for as long as NSA-Arizona deems appropriate and desirable.